Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Peer Review

Matt- First of all thanks for your critique made me really think about the way I present my writing techniques. I think that if I had a little more time to be able to sit and edit what I write many of the things which you suggest I would be able to incorporate into my writing.
Responsibility- I thought was very entertaining. I never really thought of a job in this manner and the ways in which we allow ourselves to be treated just so that we can receive a paycheck. I really admire your free will to express yourself in your writing. I would have been freaking out thinking what if an elder read some of what I wrote and it had that kind of language in it. What would they think about that? But the way that you do use it makes and point and shows your feeling at the time.
America Under an Electric Sky- I have never had the opportunity to go to Vegas and experience that of Fremont Street so your story gave me a little of that experience and it seems like some place that would be interesting to visit and a place to experience one of these days. I guess I will add it to my list of places to see once all my kids are grown :)
Nynn-
Ridiculously Overwhelming- I thought that is was a great new style of writing for you and really did help to break the story into the specific parts and all that was happening. Maybe this is something that I should try in my writing so that it helps what I am writing about flow a little more.
Nascar Fans- This was a great depiction of someone going to the races for the first time and taking in all that happens there. I for one never have been able to experience an actual race day. But we have gone to the fireworks show that they have out there on the 4th of July and many of the racers are out there and do, do a couple laps. I on the other hand do not find it all that interesting watching cars go around and around. I would be one of those people just there to watch other people.
Miranda-
Responsibility- Your writing about this particular subject took me back to the first time I became a mother and how nervous I was about everything she did. I am still that way seven kids later but I tend to not hover as much as I did with my first daughter. I still freak out when I hear one of them crying, but at times I think that they like to get hurt just so that they can get the one on one time because they all still come to me just so that I can kiss their boobo and make them feel better.  When we go through that little ritual they are off playing once again like nothing ever happened. I really enjoyed your descriptions about how you were feeling really was able to visualize what you were describing.

No comments:

Post a Comment